Walters Wholesale Electric Company was founded in 1953 by Lester H. Walter. Our first location shared space with a quilt supply store. As the company grew, Les moved from a rented location to larger quarters in Long Beach. Construction of the new 405 freeway through Walters forced another move to a site in the city of Compton, which is now the company’s oldest branch location. Les Walter passed away in 1964, leaving the company to his children. His son, John L. Walter, became President of the company. John’s sister Nancy W. Nielsen was named Secretary-Treasurer.
Walters Wholesale Electric Company has had major growth under John Walter’s management. He has built a respected organization of over 500 people, and a customer-friendly network of branches stretching throughout Southern California with a state-of-the-art central distribution center.